Engines in the Dark
“There are a thousand sects and cabals, each seeking to extend their influence though the Empire, but they are weak. There is but one true power in the Empire; it is called gold.” – Zholk
Factions Found in the Empire
- The Brotherhood of Radiance – This group regulate the unlawful use of Thyr.
- The Council of Wisdom – The bureaucracy of the Empire; the magistrates, clerks, auditors and registrars that run Aethiria.
- The Deepwalkers – A faction of Durga who patrol the deep reaches beneath the Spire.
- The Descendants – 300 Thyr Monks dedicated to endless chanting and channeling of Thyr to the statue of Lady Thyr.
- The Dark Wards – The brotherhood of warriors that watches and wards the Empire against the darkness. (Serves the citadels and walls.)
- The Glaives – The disciplined police force of the Empire.
- The High Houses – The ruling Noble Houses of the Aethiri.
- The Hoodwinks – Traffickers of the Shadow Market.
- The Lawblades – High warriors who dispense the Justice of the Court.
- The League of the Eye – Seers and Soothsayers that serve the High Houses of the Court.
- The Honorable Nain – Highest servants of the Aethir Nobility.
- The Hounds of the Hunt – Huntsman Heroes.
- The Ministry of Equity – Conservative wing of the Government, that administers the Empire’s Finances.
- The Order of the Engine – Important Thyrmasters who administrate the Mesh, the Aethir Engines, and the Emperor’s Apparatus.
- The Revenants – The Librarians and Historians of the High Court Palace libraries.
- Shadowtongue – Information brokers and sellers of secrets.
- The Sky Templar – An elite group of holy jump-pilots.
- The Stormwardens – A junta of Thyrmasters who push back foul weather and help guide light back to the Outer Provinces.
- The Torch Clan – A mob of bandits who attack Ciderton.
- The Vosir – An elite sect of bladesmasters who duel on behalf of the High Houses.
Return to Culture.